Wednesday, September 30, 2015

SCARE-A-THON 2015: SHINE YOUR FRIGHT LIGHT



Hello, friends,

It’s that time of year again, where days grow short, trees grow bare, and nightmares come fast and furious in 90-minute intervals….

It’s time for SCARE-A-THON 2015.

As faithful readers know, for the past several years I have dedicated my October viewing energies to various organizations deserving of some “terror lovin’ care.” Thanks to generous, like-minded souls, we have raised thousands of dollars for over two dozen different groups. This year, I have selected Planned Parenthood, which provides vital health care and education to women all over the country, and Chicago’s Greenhouse Shelter, a domestic abuse shelter which provides safe refuge and support for women and their children taking their first brave steps to ending abuse.

In the spirit of a walk-a-thon or read-a-thon, I am asking for your assistance on a per-movie pledge basis with a prospective goal of 100 movies that I plan to watch. (For example, a five-cent pledge would result in an approximate $5.00 donation.) Of course, you are welcome to make a lower – or higher – per-movie pledge, or make a straightforward donation of whatever amount you deem viable.

"Tish, you know philanthropy drives me wild!"

From October 1 - 31, I will immerse myself in vampire bites, unholy rites, full moons, ancient runes, masked killers, and undead chillers. At the end of the month, I’ll tally the total, multiply by your pledge amount (all individual donations are kept confidential), and together, we can help keep our sisters, mothers, daughters, and friends healthy and safe.

That’s it! If you are interested in participating, please email me at drach101@gmail.com and let me know your desired pledge amount. As in years past, I will be documenting my daily progress here on the HORROR 101 with Dr. AC blog, so please stop by and see how we’re doing. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks for your time! Here’s wishing everyone a happy and safe Halloween season!

Caring through scaring,

AC



No comments:

Post a Comment